UPDATED ON: 21 May 2018
What we do with your Personal Information
- The term “Personal Information” as used herein is defined as any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the person to whom such information pertains.
- When you apply for the subscription we ask for your name, company name, email address, billing address and credit card information. When you subscribe for the Free Trial you are not required to enter a credit card. However, if you want to enable your checkout process you will need to provide your credit card information.
- We particularly use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes: for providing and improving the Services during the Free Trial period and/or under the Agreement, for billing, for identification and authentication, for getting in touch with you and notify you in case of calamities and of changes or add-ons to our Services.
- We will save the Personal Information for the duration of the Free Trial or of the Agreement and after the termination of the Agreement as far the Personal Information is necessary to comply with any provisions surviving the Agreement.
- When collecting and using the Personal Information we will comply with any and all applicable rules and regulations on personal data protection, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Through the use of the Services, you will obtain Personal Information from your customers. By entering into the Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other users’ Personal Information you obtain via the Services, you will also comply with any and all applicable rules and regulations on personal data protection, including but not limited to the GDPR and local laws and regulations. You will use such Personal Information only for communications in connection with the Services and not for unsolicited commercial messages. You are not licensed to add the name of any person who has been added to your account, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without the express consent of the concerned person.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If we become aware of any security breach potentially affecting your Personal Information, we will notify you of such breach and the measures we are taking to prevent and minimize further data leakage. You can find more information about our security framework in our Security document.
Storage, Transfer and Disclosure
- Your Personal Information is stored on our servers, located in either the USA, Netherlands or Singapore, and will be accessible to our team and support staff.
- Your billing information (company name, email address and physical address) is sent to our USA server as that is where we run our administration, but we will not store or transfer any of your Personal Information to any other country without your consent.
- We may disclose Personal Information under certain circumstances legally allowed or required, e.g. based on a statutory obligation or a court order.
- We do not transfer, sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to third parties for the marketing of their products or services.
- In the event we have to transfer Personal Information to countries outside the EU, the transfer will be done pursuant to European Commission approved Model Contractual Clauses.
Client Data Storage
- We exclusively own the website and any applications thereto, the data storage, databases, software and all rights in connection with the Services. However, we do not own the rights of the data you store through the use of our Services, neither are we responsible for these data and/or liable for any damages due to the manner in which you store the data through the use of the Services.
- We will not contact your clients directly and/or use the data stored by you for our own business advantage or to compete with you or market to your clients.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
We only make use of a language cookie on our website to ensure we show the website in your preferred language. On the top right of our website we have the option to change your language preference.
Google Analytics and Google Display Network
We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics. Google Analytics permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called ‘remarketing’.
You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/).
- If you reside in the EU, you have the right under the GDPR to request from us access to and rectification of your Personal Information, data portability, restriction of processing and the right to object to processing of your Personal Information, and the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Requests for access to and/or rectification of Personal Information and/or complaints in connection with our collection and use of your Personal Information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.